Arabic-L:GEN:Arabic on MS Word 2004 under Mac OS X 10.3.7

Dilworth Parkinson dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu
Wed Jan 19 22:53:22 UTC 2005

1) Subject:Arabic on MS Word 2004 under Mac OS X 10.3.7

Date: 11 Jan  2005
From:Albrecht.Hofheinz at smi.uib.no
Subject:Arabic on MS Word 2004 under Mac OS X 10.3.7

A second interesting discovery in as many days:

Word 2004 under Mac OS X 10.3.7 displays Arabic Word docs created under
Windows with the correct Arabic characters, from right to left, though
not joined together - unlike previously, where all we would get was
dashes. At least that's better for getting an idea of what the document
is about (here, the latest agreement between the Government of the
Sudan and the northern opposition). I am sending an image along as an
example - I hope it gets through to the list: