Arabic-L:PEDA:UAE Job

Dilworth Parkinson dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu
Fri Jun 3 22:14:51 UTC 2005

1) Subject:UAE Job

Date: 03 Jun  2005
From:maria.emiraten at passagen.se
Subject:UAE Job

Job Title: Teacher of Modern Standard Arabic required for one year from
September 05 to July 06

and Modern Standard Arabic aimed at taking students from absolute
beginner
in the Arabic language to comfortable communicator in two years. We have
small classes (usually around 6-7 or less) of highly motivated students
and all of our teachers consider the teaching atmosphere to be a very
positive
one. From September 2005, we will need a Modern Standard Arabic teacher
who is able to both teach all levels of the Al-Kitaab Series
published by
Georgetown University Press and oversee and train a native Arabic
speaker
in the teaching of MSA. He/She will need to be able to teach in the
medium
of the Arabic language using modern interactive teaching methods. The
period
of employment will be for one year only, teaching our autumn semester
from
September 2005 to January 2006; our spring semester from February to
June
2006 and potentially also summer courses in July. For more
information on
this position, our institute, our courses and the area, please feel free
to both visit our website at www.gapschool.net and contact us directly.

Job Title:  Teacher of Modern Standard Arabic
Location:  United Arab Emirates
Hours of Work:  8a.m. ? 12:30p.m. weekdays (Saturday to Wednesday)
Salary:  Depending on qualifications and schedule, between AED6500
and AED8000
(approx £930-£1200 / $1770 - $2175) per month (during term times).

Qualifications Needed: For a non-native Arabic speaker, a Masters or PhD
in Arabic, having native-like fluency in at least one dialect and Modern
Standard Arabic and experience teaching beginner and intermediate levels
of Arabic.For a native Arabic speaker we would accept a BA in Arabic
with
at least two years experience of teaching Arabic as a foreign
language.Knowledge
of English necessary.

Length of Commitment Required: 1 year (from September 2005 to July 2006)

Contact name, address, email or phone:
Phillip Rugg, P.O. Box 17213, Al-Ain, UAE.
e-mail: gap at mailxpress.net
Tel.: +971-3-7551858
Fax.: +971-3-7551878
(Note: Office hours are from 8a.m.  until 1p.m. local time; Saturday to
Wednesday)

End of Arabic-L:  03 Jun  2005