Arabic-L:PEDA:Summer Arabic in Damascus ad

Dilworth Parkinson dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu
Tue May 17 21:27:53 UTC 2005

1) Subject:Summer Arabic in Damascus ad

Date: 17 May  2005
From:arabesk at mail.sy
Subject:Summer Arabic in Damascus ad

Marhaba from Damascus where the weather is wonderful, the sun is
beautifully shining and the temperature today is 25C.

We are Arabesk Studies in Damascus, specialized in Arabic Language
for Foreign Students.

You can have more details about us in our page:
http://arabeskstudiesindamascus.com/English/

Can we ask you a favor? Can you put these informations in your
University in the Middle East Studies Depart, Arabic Language
Studies, Arab student association and/or Muslim student association?

We send you some information about the best places to study in and
our services. In Arabesk, we offer a complete package of services and
studies, including from before arrival until departure:
- exchange information about the different institutes and courses and
everything in order to easy the students arrival and settlement in
Damascus,
- registering the students at the institute of his choice,
- meeting at the airport upon arrival & transfer to hotel,
- hotel accommodation for the first three nights while looking for
accommodation,
- guide-translator for the first days,
- assistance for finding accommodation, residence permit, getting
around,
- and other services as complete Damascus city tours of historical
monuments and architecture buildings,
- trips during the stay around Syria (Bosra, Palmyra, Krak des
Chevaliers),
- traditional Hamam,
- airport transfer upon departure
- and special care in order to deepen the student in the Arabic
culture, traditions and in the Syrian society.

For more details, we invite you to visit our page:
http://arabeskstudiesindamascus.com/English/services.html

According to your details, the most suitable options for you are
(price per person, in Euros):

- Arabesk tuitions: The advantage is that it is private classes,
there is only ONE student, the teacher can focus much better on him
and correct his mistakes and work on his week points. And the student
goes much faster. We always recommend to the student to combine
between Damascus University, Mezze Institute and private courses.
Coming to Damascus in an unique occasion, an investment, so you have
to take a maximum of profit.

We offer tailored, personal courses with a private teacher (that we
offer with our package of services):
- 2 hours / five days per week = 20 days, 10 hours per week, 40 hours
per month = for 770 Euros per one month,  1140 Euros per two months,
1490 Euros per three months, 2430 Euros per six months.
- 3 hours / five days per week = 20 days, 15 hours per week, 60 hours
per month = for  910 Euros per one month,  1415 Euros per two
months,  1925 Euros per three months, 3310 Euros per six months.
- 4 hours / five days per week = 20 days, 20 hours per week, 80 hours
per month = for  1015 Euros per one month,  1630 Euros per two
months,  2250 Euros per three months, 4095 Euros per six months.

separately
- 2 hours / five days per week = 20 days, 10 hours per week, 40 hours
per month = during 1/2/3 months: 370 Euros per month, during 4/5/6
months: 340 Euros per month, 7 and +: 310 Euros (+ Arabesk Services).
- 3 hours / five days per week = 20 days, 15 hours per week, 60 hours
per month = during 1/2/3 months: 555 Euros per month, during 4/5/6
months: 510 Euros per month, 7 and +: 485 Euros (+ Arabesk Services).
- 4 hours / five days per week = 20 days, 20 hours per week, 80 hours
per month = 615 Euros per month (+ Arabesk Services).
- 3 days a week / two hours = 12 days, 6 hours per week, 24 hours per
month = 220 Euros per month (+ Arabesk Services).

(if you wish more hours or more days per week, please tell us and we
try to make you a good offer)

For more information, feel free to visit:
http://arabeskstudiesindamascus.com/English/privatecourse.html

Package Intensive Private course for Ajrumya (Tuhfa As Siniya - 1
month, 2 h per day) + Arabesk Services: 2 hours / five days per week
= 20 days, 10 hours per week, 40 hours = for 770 Euros.

Package Intensive Private course for Qatr An Nada Li Ibn Hisham (2
months, 2 h per day) + Arabesk Services: 2 hours / five days per week
= 40 days, 10 hours per week, 80 hours  = for 1140 Euros.

Package Intensive Private course for Kitab Al Asasi (3 books)
Package Intensive Private course for Durus An Nahuya (3 books)
Package Intensive Private course for Qisas Al I'rab (6 books)
Package Intensive Private course for An Nahu Al Wadih (2 books)
Package Private course for Poetry
Package Private course for Nahu - Sarf - Balagha

Arabesk also offers Research Tuitions (Buhuth) for university
students (research in History, poetry, Islamic subjects, Arabic
Literature, libraries, old books). For more details, please inform us
of your length stay, how many hours per day, subject of studies.

If you wish to combine between two choices (Damascus Univ. + Private
courses // Mezze Institute + Private courses // Islamic Institute +
Private courses), please tell us in order we offer you the best
quotation.

We also offer Traditional Syrian Arabic Cooking lessons (8/9 dishes)
and Arabic Calligraphy (Farisi and others). If you are interested,
please let us know in order to offer a full package.

- Arabic Center for Foreigners in Damascus University: We offer a
special package "Damascus University + Arabesk services" for:
- one course for 580 Euros for Beginners 1 or 2 or 3 // Interm1, 2,
3 // 660 Euros Advanced 1 or 2.
- two courses (i.e 2.5 months) for 755 Euros for Beg 1+2 // Beg 2
+3 // Beg 3 + Interm 1 // Interm 1 + 2 // Interm 2 + 3 // 835 Euros
for Interm 3 + Adv 1 // 920  Euros for Adv 1+2.
- three courses (i.e 3.5 months) for: 935 Euros for Beg 1+2+3 //  Beg
2+3+ Interm1 // Beg 3 + Interm 1+2 // Interm 1+2+3 // 990 Euros for
Interm 2+3 + Adv 1, 1095 Euros for Interm 3 + Adv 1+2.
- four courses (i.e 5 months): 1090 Euros for Beg 1+2+3 + Interm1 //
Beg 2+3 + Interm1+2 // Beg 3 + Interm1+2+3 //  1175 Euros for Interm 1
+2+3 + Adv 1, 1255  Euros for Interm 2+3 + Adv 1+2.
- five courses (i.e 6 months): 1260 Euros for Beg 1+2+3 + Interm1
+2 // Beg 2+3 + Interm1+2+3 // 1340 Euros for Beg 3 + Interm 1+2+3 +
Adv 1 // 1420 Euros for Interm 1+2+3 + Adv 1 +2.

They have monthly courses all around the year, for beginners (3
levels), intermediates (3 levels), advanced (2 levels). There are 80
hours during the course (100h for advanced), 5 days a week, 4 hours
per day. A course will begin on end-May, end-June, August, September.

- Mezze Arabic Institute for Foreigners: We offer a special package
"Mezze Institute + Arabesk services" for:
- one level for 635 Euros (3 months, from June to August - 15 Sept)
- two levels for 795 Euros (7.5 months, 6.5 months of studies, from
June to 15 Jan 2006)
- three levels for 985 Euros (1 year, 10 months of studies, from June
to 15 May 06)
- four levels for: 1190 Euros (15 months, 13 months of studies, from
June to Sept 06)

only summer:
one level for: 635 Euros  (3 months, from June to end August - 15 Sept)

They have semester courses, divided in four-month semesters, six
levels, from beginners, intermediates, advanced to specialization, 5
days a week, 4 hours per day. A summer course will begin in June 2005
for three months. The first semester winter course will begin in
October 2005.

This is our Arabesk presentation of the different studies
opportunities that we offer in Damascus. It is your turn now.

Are you interested by our services?

Which option of study do you prefer? would you like to book one of
our Arabesk Packages?

Our package price is only for one person. If you are two, three or
planning to come in group, the price decreases. Please tell us in
order to send our best offer.

For the accommodation search, we also take care of it, it is part of
our services.

For the girls, Arabesk offers for girl students only accommodation in
syrian family. This is the best way to learn the Arabic language as
you practise all day long, in every day life use, know the Arabic
culture, the traditions.

We have a small list of selected families. They are small families,
father, mother and small children (two or three) just females
families. They live in the center of the city,  or close to the
university. They speak Arabic with the student and they know some
english in case of necessity. It costs around 125-150 Euros per
month, with meals included in order students get used to the Syrian
cookings.

For the boys, concerning accommodation, we offer a service "Living
and Practicing accommodation" where a teacher or one of Arabesk staff
shares your accommodation for the period of time you will be here,
and he assists you in your studies, practice with you Arabic in
everyday life situations ..This person works or studies in Damascus,
but he will share your life and strength your Arabic in the times you
meet at home (mornings and evenings).

We have other students that booked the accommodation service "Living
& Practising" where you share accommodation with an arabic speaker
who practises with you the language in everyday life situations. In
this case, our offer will be of 230 Euros. If you are interested,
please let us know.

You can have a look at our Students’ page, in order to know who came
to Arabesk, who studies or is studying in Damascus, from which
country, background, age, period and kind of services booked.
http://arabeskstudiesindamascus.com/English/students.html

We include different services in our package because the most
important is that we try to immerge the client in the real syrian
arabic society and culture, in order he knows it, understands it,
sees it from the correct perpective, corrects his prejudices and
stereotypes, and goes back to his country with a better and correct
idea about the arabs, the Middle East, muslims and Islam .... So we
take care of everything, the best we can, Incha Allah, as we say here.

We wait for your answer.

Muhammad Iskandar

A r a b e s k
Study Arabic in Damascus