Arabic-L:LING:Would Like Dialects Web Site

Fri Nov 18 17:18:30 UTC 2005

1) Subject:Would Like Dialects Web Site

Date: 18 Nov 2005
From:Ben.Bloomgren at asu.edu
Subject:Would Like Dialects Web Site

Hello, all. I have always wondered how Arabic dialects sound. There
is a Syrian language course on the Internet, but there is no
comparison to MSA. Has anybody researched the intelligibility of
Middle Eastern dialects? I know that the Maghrebi dialects are crazy
too. Is there a resource where I can get information about the
dialects? Italian has a site called http://www.dialettando.com. It's
a dream site for me!
Ben