Arabic-L:GEN:New Listserv software

Tue Aug 1 22:02:48 UTC 2006

1) Subject:New Listserv software

Date: 01 Aug 2006
From:moderator
Subject:New Listserv software

Arabic-L has been migrated to new listserv software.  While in the
end this will be a boon, it currently is causing some adjustment
problems, so it may be a few days before I am able to get the
messages you have sent out.  When everything is working, you will be
able to examine your account on the web, change your mail receiving
options (to digest or back) or you can have it hold your mail for you
until you get back from vacation, and then send it all at once, etc.
You can also choose to have other members of the list have access to
your e-mail address or not.  It will also allow you to change to
another e-mail address right on the web.  It is now set to NOT
receive attachments, so if you send a message with attachments, even
those little blurbs with your personal info, the message will
probably bounce back to you without ever coming to me.  So you will
need to figure out a way to send your message without attachments.
More details later.
Dil