Arabic-L:GEN:Problems with Arabic on Firefox

Thu Aug 3 14:04:17 UTC 2006

1) Subject:Problems with Arabic on Firefox

Date: 003 Aug 2006
From:rsaslan <rsaslan at gmail.com>
Subject:Problems with Arabic on Firefox

Perhaps someone here can offer advice to my problem. I recent started
using Firefox after switching from Internet Explorer and have had
trouble viewing Arabic characters. In Explorer, I just set my options
to allow me to view Arabic script. But with Firefox, I thought I did
the same, I set the script to view Arabic, except that it seems to get
un-set each time I go to another webpage.

So whenever I come across something written in Arabic it appears like
garble and each time I have to go to view in the toolbar and manually
click on Arabic character encoding for each page I visit.

Is this a problem with the Firefox browser or have I not set my
options correctly? Anyone else experience the same problem or have any
ideas as to how I can have the language encoding keep its settings?

Thanks,
Rose Aslan