Arabic-L:LING:Denominal Verb Query

Fri Dec 1 22:56:23 UTC 2006

1) Subject:Denominal Verb Query

Date: 01 Dec 2006
From:mm <menna048 at uottawa.ca>
Subject:Denominal Verb Query

Hi every one,
I am working on locative verbs in arabic and also on denominal locative
verbs and would like to know if there is any resources i can use.
I also have a question:
How do we know if a verb is a denominal verb (a noun that is
converted to
a verb. the meaning of this latter is strictly dependent on the
incorporated noun) we have also some roots that give rise to  verbs and
nouns so they both ahve the same root but they are not related the same
way as a true denominal)

I would appreciate if someone could help with that.
thanks
  M. Ennamsaoui