Arabic-L:LIST:Anti-spamming

Fri Dec 1 23:22:42 UTC 2006

1) Subject:Anti-spamming

Date: 01 Dec 2006
From:moderator
Subject:Anti-spamming

One or more of Arabic-L subscribers have begun using an anti-spamming
system which requires the sender to go to a website and type in some
'hidden' numbers to prove that the message comes from a person and
was not generated by a spamming program.
I understand your desire not to be spammed, but there are currently
over 800 subscribers, and it is simply not possible for me to
contemplate doing that much clicking and typing for every message.
So if I get a message from your anti-spamming program informing me
that they won't let the message through unless I perform some act, I
will simply delete the message, which means you will no longer be
receiving Arabic-L messages since they will all be filtered by your
device.  Those who do not want to disable this device and  still want
to read Arabic-L could do it through their username on the Arabic-L
website, or at the linguistlist.org backup site.
dil