Arabic-L:PEDA:Needs Arabic tutor in Manhattan

Wed Dec 6 19:32:28 UTC 2006

1) Subject:Needs Arabic tutor in Manhattan

Date: 06 Dec 2006
From:ssaifee79 at yahoo.com
Subject:Needs Arabic tutor in Manhattan

[please respond directly to the poster.]

Hi - I am looking for an Arabic tutor in Manhattan.  I have studied
Arabic in the U.S. for approximately 2 years (using Al-Kitaab) and
have completed the first book in Al-Kitaab (not Alif Baa, but the
book that comes after that one).  I have also studied at the Univ of
Damascus for one month in their pre-intermediate level course where
we studied from Kitab Al-Asassi.  I am eager to pursue my Arabic
studies but do not have the time to take formal classes because I am
working full-time.  My hours are kind of tight but I should be
available mostly on weekends and possibly evenings during the week.
I am particularly interested in learning Arabic (MSA/Fusha) in order
to prepare myself for graduate studies in Islamic law and I am also
interested in learning Qur'anic/classical Arabic.  Therefore, I would
prefer someone who has a background in classical and/or Qur'anic
texts so that I can focus learning Arabic against the backdrop of
those texts.  If anyone on this list is, or knows anyone who is,
available to provide private tutoring, please contact me at the email
below.  Thank you very much.

Seema Saifee (ssaifee79 at yahoo.com)