Arabic-L:AD:Gerlach Books Special on Arab-Islamic Biographical Archive

Wed Dec 6 19:32:25 UTC 2006

1) Subject:Gerlach Books Special on Arab-Islamic Biographical Archive

Date: 06 Dec 2006
From:aiba at gerlach-books.de
Subject:Gerlach Books Special on Arab-Islamic Biographical Archive

K G Saur's World Biographical Archive Series is one of the most
comprehensive publishing projects ever.
Our monthly offer (with up to 30 per cent discount) for December is
the Arab-Islamic Biographical Archive. In essence it makes available
almost 400 works in full text.

"AIBA I" - The Arab-Islamic Biographical Archive, Series I
(Works published since pre-Islamic times up to 1918)
Provides the user with some 95,000 biographies on approximately
80,000 individuals. The 560 fiches evaluate the 145 most important
reference works in English, German, Spanish, French and Italian -
many of them in several volumes and difficult to access. Even users
with no knowledge of oriental languages can easily access the Islamic
world.

"AIBA II" - The Arab-Islamic Biographical Archive, Series II
(Works published between 1885 and 2004)
Includes approximately 90,000 biographical entries from 239 reference
works written in English, French, Italian and German as well as some
bilingual works (e.g. Arabic-French, Arabic-German or English-
French). Many of the evaluated source works were published only in
small editions and are barely accessible. The works in Arabic have
been provided with English abstracts, thus making them accessible to
a greater number of users.

Details:
"AIBA I" - The Arab-Islamic Biographical Archive, Series I
Comp. by Kramme, Ulrike / Urra Muena, Zelmíra
Microfiche edition, 12 instalments, 560 fiches, reader factor 24x
SILVER edition: 10,800 EUR (list price)
DIAZO edition: 9,800 EUR (list price)

"AIBA II" - The Arab-Islamic Biographical Archive, Series II
Comp. by Cikar, Jutta / Cikar, Mustafa
Microfiche edition, 12 instalments, approx. 420 fiches, reader factor
24x
SILVER edition: 10,800 EUR (list price)
DIAZO edition: 9,800 EUR (list price)

*Order one edition with 20% discount on list prices*
***Order both editions with 30% discount on list prices***
Please note: Our offer is valid until 31 December 2006 only

We offer to split your invoice to meet your budget needs.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards from Berlin

(Ms) Dagmar Konrad, Marketing Manager

KAI-HENNING GERLACH - BOOKS & ONLINE