Arabic-L:LING:Job for Tranlators with Omani Arabic Experience

Wed Dec 6 22:52:34 UTC 2006

1) Subject:Job for Tranlators with Omani Arabic Experience

Date: 06 Dec 2006
From:SPaksima at sewardinc.com
Subject:Job for Tranlators with Omani Arabic Experience
CALL FOR TRANSLATORS W/ OMANI ARABIC EXPERIENCE

As part of our Oman Principals Leadership Training project, Seward
International—a company providing education and training-related
technical assistance and capacity building to governments and
organizations world-wide—seeks the services of a translator with
experience in Omani Arabic.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are currently in need of
individuals to work primarily as English-to-Arabic translators.  This
work is part of the content development process for a 3-part series
of workshops training a select group of secondary education
principals from Muscat and surrounding regions in Oman.  We are
looking for a few well-qualified candidates who would be interested
in this short-term (1-6 month), contract-based opportunity.  Hours
could vary according to candidates’ availability.  Preference will be
given to candidates currently residing in Oman.  Work would begin as
soon as potential translators have been identified and submitted the
necessary background documents, submitted a brief translation sample,
and been approved by the Oman Ministry of Education.  Compensation
will be based on the candidate’s experience level and in accordance
with industry standards.

Interested candidates should contact Mr. Shahram Paksima by email
(spaksima at sewardinc.com) with any general queries or expressions of
interest.  In addition to basic contact and biographical information,
please include a resume and a brief cover letter highlighting prior
translation and relevant professional experiences, as well as
availability in terms of number of hours/week.  Selections will take
place on a rolling basis until our translation needs are met.