Arabic-L:PEDA:responses to Heritage Profile Project

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at BYU.EDU
Fri Jul 7 21:55:25 UTC 2006

1) Subject:Response to Heritage Profile Project

Date: 7 Jul 2006
Subject:Response to Heritage Profile Project

Dear Ted,

There is a school system, New Horizon School System, in California
assisted by the open minded and liberal Islamic Center of South
California, where its board used to include people like Professors
Hassan Hathout, Drs.Maher & Gasser Hathout and Professor Dr.Omar Alfi
and others, that aims at assisting young American Muslims to be well
balanced citizens. I had the honor, with other colleagues- who joined
later- such as Dr. M Eissa, Dr. M. Al Osh & Dr. dalia Abu Haggar, to
help design its curriculum and train its Arabic teachers to be AFL
instructors- my work was immediately after the events of Sept. 11-.
One of the system schools in Pasadena has been the first ever Muslim
American school honored by the U.S. Department of Education as a
National Blue Ribbon School.

I think Mrs. Lina Kholoki is assisting this school system now at teh
Bureau of Arabic & Islamic Studies situated in LA. E-mail address is:
biae at biae.net , lkholoki at newhorizonschool.org or Mrs.Amira Al Sarraf
at: aalsarraf at newhorizonschool.org
You can also call me any time if you need any info. on them.

Nagwa Hedayet
vonage no.:(646)2168-308