Arabic-L:PEDA:Summer Programs

Wed May 3 19:18:35 UTC 2006

1) Subject:Summer Programs

Date: 01 May 2006
From:moderator
Subject:Summer Programs

[I will post the info on any of your summer programs in full IF you
send them to me in an e-mail message (not as an attachment) in text
format.]

I have received information about the following summer programs by
regular mail.  Since my fingers are rebelling at typing all the info
in, I am simply going to list the websites where you can get more
information:

1. Columbia University Arabic Summer Program
www.ce.columbia.edu/summer
(elementary, intermediate and advanced)
Contact: George El-Hage
ge at columbia.edu

2. University of Wisconsin, Madison Arabic and Persian Immersion
Program, Summer 2005
global.wisc.edu/apip
(elementary, intermediate and advanced)
Global Studies
global at intl-institute.wisc.edu

3. Intensive Course in Distinguished Arabic (designed to bring
students who are at the 2+/3 level on the way to level 4)
San Diego State University, Language Acquisition Resource Center (LARC)
Center for the Advancement of Distinguished Level Proficiency (ADLP)
larcnet.sdsu.edu/workshops.php
Brandi Sanford-Fischer
bfischer at projects.sdsu.edu
Christian Degueldre
cdegueld at mail.sdsu.edu
Application Deadline: May 15

4. 4 week Arabic Language Immersion in Cairo Aug 26- Sep 22, 2006
for 2+/3 level speakers
Also sponsored by SDSU, LARC, ADLP
Same contact info as above
Deadline: July 7