Arabic-L:LIT:Modern Syriac Literature Conference

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at BYU.EDU
Wed May 17 15:03:18 UTC 2006

1) Subject:Modern Syriac Literature Conference

Date: 17 May 2006
From:shafiq.abouzayd at orinst.ox.ac.uk
Subject:Modern Syriac Literature Conference

Dear Colleague,

ARAM Society for Syro-Mesopotamian Studies is organising its Twenty
Third International Conference on “Modern Syriac Literature”, to be
held at the Oriental Institute, University of Chicago (USA), 10-12
April 2007.

The conference will start on Tuesday 10 April at 9am, finishing on
Thursday 12 April at 5pm. Each speaker’s paper is limited to 30
minutes, with an additional 10 minutes for discussion.

If you wish to participate in the conference, please contact our
Oxford address as soon as possible:
ARAM, the Oriental Institute, Oxford University, Pusey Lane, Oxford
OX1 2LE, England. Tel. ++1865-514041. Fax ++1865-516824. E.Mail:
aram at orinst.ox.ac.uk or aram at aramsociety.org

All papers given at the conference will be considered for publication
in a future edition of the ARAM Periodical, subject to editorial review.

If you know of colleagues who might like to contribute to the
conference, please forward this message to them or send us their
names and email addresses. Yet, we would liked to remind our
colleagues that only academics are allowed to present a paper at an
ARAM conference.

If you wish to know ARAM Society and its cultural activities, please
open our website: www.aramsociety.org

If you have any questions or comments at any time, I am always happy
to receive them.
Yours sincerely,

Dr Shafiq Abouzayd