al-Daylami's Atf al-alif in Arabic

Joseph N. Bell joseph.bell at MSK.UIB.NO
Fri Sep 1 13:33:24 UTC 2006

Last year the translation of al-Daylami's Treatise on Love (Kitab
'atf al-alif) that I did together with Prof. Hasan 'Abd al-Latif
al-Shafi'i appeared from Edinburgh University Press. The Arabic
edition from which it was made was delayed and has only recently come
out, and I myself have not seen it. However I have been informed that
it is out, and I have found it on the website of Dar al-Kitab
al-Masri/Dar al-Kitab al-Lubnani
(http://www.daralkitabalmasri.com/services.php). Click on the
alphabetical list and then on 'ayn, and a list containing a link to
it will appear. According to the information there, they may not have
gotten all my name on the cover page, and the publication date seems
to be given as 2007, but it is now out (ISBN: 977-238-754-9).

I send this merely for the sake of information, since the English has
been out for so long now.

Joseph Bell

Joseph N. Bell
Professor of Arabic