Arabic-L:LING:Needs automated transliteration method

Sat Sep 23 23:59:31 UTC 2006

1) Subject:Needs automated transliteration method

Date: 23 Aug 2006
From:Michael A Toler <mtoler at middlebury.edu>
Subject:Needs automated transliteration method

Would anyone be aware of an automated means for transliteration of
Arabic into Latin Characters?  We have a very large catalog of book
titles that need to be rendered in Latin script for data processing.
I'd be very grateful for any assistance you can provide.

Thank you.

Michael A. Toler, Ph.D.
Chief Program Officer, Al-Musharaka Initiative
http://blogs.nitle.org/almusharaka
Editor, Arab Culture and Civilization Web Resource
http://arabworld.nitle.org
National Institute for Technology and Liberal Education
http://www.nitle.org

PO Box 812467
Wellesley, MA 02482
Phone: 734-661-1014