Arabic-L:PEDA:Teaching materials for children responses

Sat Sep 23 23:59:34 UTC 2006

1) Subject:Teaching materials for children response

Date: 23 Aug 2006
From:"al-Husein N. Madhany" <anm at post.harvard.edu>
Subject:eaching materials for children response

Let me call your attention to these databases of reviews on Arabic and
Arab cultural materials:

http://www.langsource.umd.edu/arabic.php
http://www.lmp.ucla.edu/

Best,
al-Husein Madhany (UChicago)

Date: 23 Aug 2006
From:"raram" <raram at umich.edu>

Hi Kerstin:

Try to get an examination copy of my Arabic Sounds and Letters (A
beginning Programmed Course) Textbook and Manual, 2006 Edition. This
book is accompanied by a set of tapes to guide students while learning
the lessons and to reinforce correct pronunciation of the sounds and
words in each lesson. The new letters and sounds are introduced in
meaningful words illustrated by pictures. The Manual contains 15 brief
exchanges of lists and useful commonly used vocabulary (greetings,
introductions, polite requests, telling time, foods, drinks, family,
etc.) intended to create a climate for enjoyable and successful learning
while students are learning Arabic sounds and letters. One of the
distinguished features of the book is that it can be used for regular
classroom instruction or in self-study situations.

The book can be ordered from:

Client Distribution Services
Phone: (800) 343-4499
Fax# (800) 351-5073