Arabic Instruction

Bill Merrifield wdmerrifield at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 29 14:21:03 UTC 2006

I was recently evacuated from Lebanon where I was studying at the American
University of Beirut. I have relocated for the year to Bettendorf, Iowa (one
of the quad cities) and am very concerned about my ability to maintain my
Arabic while here. I currently speak and read at an advanced level. I have
completed all three books from then Al-Kitaab series as well as advanced
courses at both AUB and the University of Damascus. I have a number of text
books from the history department at the University of Damascus and at this
point I am looking for someone that I can read with and talk with on a
regular basis in order to maintain my fluency. My preference is to find
someone that speaks either Lebanese or Syrian dialect since my spoken
language is Lebanese colloquial. So far I have been unable to find anything
or anyone in or near my area and I am wondering if anyone has
any resources or any suggestions. Thank you.

Bill Merrifield