Arabic-L:PEDA:Needs speaking partner near Quad Cities, Iowa

Sat Sep 30 18:36:27 UTC 2006

1) Subject:Needs speaking partner near Quad Cities, Iowa

Date: 30 Sep 2006
From:"Bill Merrifield" <wdmerrifield at hotmail.com>
Subject:Needs speaking partner near Quad Cities, Iowa

I was recently evacuated from Lebanon where I was studying at the
American University of Beirut. I have relocated for the year to
Bettendorf, Iowa (one of the quad cities) and am very concerned about
my ability to maintain my Arabic while here. I currently speak and
read at an advanced level. I have completed all three books from then
Al-Kitaab series as well as advanced courses at both AUB and the
University of Damascus. I have a number of text books from the
history department at the University of Damascus and at this point I
am looking for someone that I can read with and talk with on a
regular basis in order to maintain my fluency. My preference is to
find someone that speaks either Lebanese or Syrian dialect since my
spoken language is Lebanese colloquial. So far I have been unable to
find anything or anyone in or near my area and I am wondering if
anyone has
any resources or any suggestions. Thank you.

Bill Merrifield