Arabic-L:LING:Needs recent Arabic Word Frequency List

Fri Apr 6 22:34:01 UTC 2007

1) Subject:

Date: 06 Apr 2007
From:"Dr. Godlas" <godlas at uga.edu>
Subject:Needs recent Arabic Word Frequency List

Colleagues,

Where can I find an up-to-date Arabic word frequency list, especially
one that supercedes Landau's *Word Count of Modern Arabic Prose*?

There is one noted at Lexiteria: http://www.lexiteria.com/database/
word_frequency_list.html .  I called them.  They said that for
20,-30,000 words, their list costs about $3000.00  Their list goes
way beyond that, however, and was developed from about 1 million
words gleaned from Arabic newspapers.

Regards,