Arabic-L:GEN:Globalization101.org Arabic translations

Fri Apr 13 18:15:05 UTC 2007

1) Subject:Globalization101.org Arabic translations

Date: 13 Apr 2007
From:RWeiner at carnegieendowment.org
Subject:Globalization101.org Arabic translations

Globalization101.org, a project of the Carnegie Endowment for
International Peace, is an objective, multilingual online resource to
teach about policy aspects of globalization related to civics,
economics, geography and history, without any fees or charges.
Globalization101.org provides unbiased, easily understandable
information and related lesson plans to teach about cross-
disciplinary subjects such as international trade, world - wide
health and environmental issues and global technological changes. The
site includes 12 in-depth Issue Briefs, more than 70 News Analyses,
For Teachers resource section (with lesson plans, syllabi, and
assessment pieces), Ask the Expert video interviews, What Others
Think section, Newsletter, and a Useful Links section.

On the site we have Arabic translations of the Environment Issue
Brief (http://www.globalization101.org/uploads/File/Environment/
Environment-IB-Arabic.pdf

We are trying to let educators know about these incredible resources
and to engage them and their students in the issues on our site. We
are hoping that some educators would be interested in providing
feedback about how they use these translations.

Please let us know if we can send you a blurb for your newsletter or
a flyer about these translations to be given out at the upcoming
summer institute for Arabic teachers.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Rebecca Weiner