Arabic-L:LING:Arabic and Generative Grammar

Wed Dec 12 00:39:28 UTC 2007

1) Subject:Arabic and Generative Grammar
2) Subject:Arabic and Generative Grammar

Date: 11 Dec 2007
From:"Mr. Abbache" <abbache_ahmed at yahoo.fr>
Subject:Arabic and Generative Grammar

dear Taoufiq,

you can't, nor your student apply the Generative Grammar theory, even
Government and Binding theory to Arabic language.
Arabic language does not know VSO structure, English and another
languages may know like this notion, but not arabic. VSO is not the
jumla fi'liya like you said.
as i konw, until know no theory can treate these syntax phenomenons in
Arabic.
but it does exist one theory, whish can help that student, and i'm
advicing him to work throw it, it will help a lot, try to use the "Neo-
Khalilian theory".
Here some of what Pr. Abderrahmane HADJ-SALAH said about it.
"the starting point of the Neo-khalilian theory is the discovery, for
the most ancient grammarians (8th century), of an original conception
that we do not find in the works of the arab grammarian who came after
them only in a distorted form (except some case)" Pr. Abderrahmane
HADJ-SALAH.
"the linguistic theory developed by these old researchers has been
firt analysed for many long years, then reformulated within a logico-
mathematical framwork and is actually systematically being exploited
in several fields at the levels of our Center (Centre de recherche
scientifique et technique pour le développement de la langue arabe)"
Pr. Abderrahmane HADJ-SALAH.
if you want any help about this theory, you will find me here to help.

best regard.