Arabic-L:LING:Needs Word Frequency Lists by context

Wed Jan 17 19:42:26 UTC 2007

1) Subject:Needs Word Frequency Lists by context

Date: 17 Jan 2007
From:Andrew Dempsey <andrew at egyptianarabic.com>
Subject:Needs Word Frequency Lists by context

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I might find a simple list of words occurring
by frequency from various contexts in Arabic?  I am aware of the
various offerings by the LDC (such as the CallHome Egyptian Arabic
transcripts, etc.), but am looking for something on a much simpler
level – just a list of words in Arabic or transliteration - that is
preferably royalty-free, or reasonably priced.

Thanks in advance.  I spent the better part of yesterday searching
online for something like this (including archives of this list), and
was not successful.

Best regards,
andrew
Andrew Dempsey