Arabic-L:PEDA:Jordan Study Abroad responses

Fri Jan 26 23:41:13 UTC 2007

1) Subject:Jordan Study Abroad response
2) Subject:Jordan Study Abroad response
3) Subject:Jordan Study Abroad response

Date: 26 Jan 2007
From: "John Joseph Colangelo" <yaacolangelo at hotmail.com>
Subject:Jordan Study Abroad response

Hi David,
I think Qasid is the best advice for a student for his or her first
year abroad because the quality of the classes is going to be far
superior to those in a normal Arab university where 200 students will
be copying in their notebooks literally everything the teacher says.
The teacher will be a guy who is not used to the "I have a question
Ustath". He will probably look at him thinking the unthinkable. Thus,
a place like Qasid during the first year would be the best solution.
My two cents,
John