Arabic-L:K-16:K-12 Proficiency Test response

Wed Jan 31 21:00:32 UTC 2007

Arabic-L: Wed 31 Jan 2007

1) Subject:K-12 Proficiency Test response

Date: 31 Jan 2007
From:"raram" <raram at umich.edu>
Subject:K-12 Proficiency Test response

Dear Shaykh Mohammad:

Salamaat:

I have prepared several items for a short Proficiency-based Test
consisting of four parts: Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing. This
test will be mainly designed to measure students' performance from
Novice through Intermediate High. We are in the process of trying sample
items with college students at the end of the fourth semester and high
school students of Arabic at the end of Grade 12.

I'm preparing a proposal to be submitted for USDE for funding to
complete development of the Test and put it on line aftr field testing
and revision.

Raji