Arabic-L:LING:Hamza consolations

Wed Jan 31 21:00:33 UTC 2007

Arabic-L: Wed 31 Jan 2007

1) Subject:Hamza consolations

Date: 31 Jan 2007
From:"Marco Hamam" <marco.hamam at poste.it>
Subject:Hamza consolations

Hi Haruko, don't worry, hamza is everybody's problem. Most Arabs
themselves write hamzas "as they have seen them written before". I
would like to ask you : is your table referred to the initial, middle
or final hamza? I felt a bit confused. I think it refers to the
middle hamza so I did not understand why you put the star next to the
hamza 'ala alif. In any case it is a great idea, especially for those
who approach the "hamza question".
Regards,

Marco Hamam