Arabic-L:PEDA:Study in Yemen response

Mon Jul 2 18:19:15 UTC 2007

1) Subject:Study in Yemen response
2) Subject:Study in Yemen response

Date: 01 Jul 2007
From:Sana N Hilmi <shilmi at gmu.edu>
Subject:Study in Yemen response

Hello,
I wasn't sure if you are going to the capital, Sana'a.
I led a study abroad in the winter through the Yemen College for
Middle Eastern Studies, and I should be going again this winter. I
would recommend that you contact Matthew Kuehl at, ycmes at ycmes.com
you can mention my name.
Their web site is, http://www.ylcint.com/

Some faculty don't speak English, they might be better tutors. some
classes end up in one to one basis. Few faculty have Ph.D., some
Masters and some BA. Experience varies. Make sure your grammar
teacher speaks English. The institute is clean, they have Internet
access, and use the same electricity codes. Very close to the
museums, market and downtown Sana'a. Shopkeepers will help you
practice your Arabic. They'll also take you on tours. Go
od experience.
Downside of this place, many foreigners (I mean non Arabs) try to
avoid speaking in English. Do not get into their habit, I mean Qat :).

please feel free to contact me if you need further info.

Miss Sana Hilmi, M.A.
Arabic Professor and Coordinator
Modern and Classical Languages
George Mason University