Arabic-L:LING:asbaaTan response

Fri Jun 15 17:04:31 UTC 2007

1) Subject:asbaaTan response

Date: 15 Jun 2007
From:"Dr. M Deeb" <muhammaddeeb at gmail.com>
Subject:asbaaTan response

> Why? Because this ،ا، is independent of the original plural noun
> أسباط and
> it is the ،ا، of situational structure of the sentence called
> حال . I hope I
> am making some sense.

*NB:*
*Writiing from Cairo, I'm using a *
*borrowed laptop, and thus faced with several **electronic
difficulties.  At
any rate, I hope I make myself understandable. *
**
Whilst there could be merit in swimming against the tide, I don't see
any
merit in construing /*أسباطا*/ as an accusative of condition.
There is a
conssensus of grammatical opinion that / *أسباطا*  / is a  noun in
apposition to the accusitives in the qur'anic verse at issue, as I
pointed
out several times in earlier posts.

On this point, please, check the following sources:

* / المعجم الوسيط / *
*/ القرآن المفهرس / *
*/ لسان لعرب /*
*    /الإتقان في علوم القرآن /*