Arabic-L:GEN:Alan Kaye

Thu Jun 21 16:18:16 UTC 2007

1) Subject:Alan Kaye

Date: 21 Jun 2007
From:Uri Horesh <urih at mail.utexas.edu>
Subject:Alan Kaye

[from LINGUIST]

Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 12:38:42
From: Jim Eisenbraun < jeisenbraun at eisenbrauns.com >
Subject: Sad news: Alan S. Kaye

We are deeply saddened to report the news, from Jeremy Kaye, that his
father, Alan S. Kaye, widely known for his work in Semitic linguistics,
passed away on May 31 due to complications of cancer. He was
diagnosed with
bone cancer only one month earlier, on May 1, in the United Arab
Emirates,
where he was on research leave. The cancer had already metastasized and
affected many of his organs. Jeremy brought Alan home to Fullerton on
May
22.

A link to the Cal Fullerton web site provides much more information:

http://campusapps.fullerton.edu/news/inside/2007/kaye.html