Arabic-L:Lit|LING:Code switched poetry

Fri Mar 16 15:37:17 UTC 2007

1) Subject:Code switched poetry

Date: 16 Mar 2007
From:"Madiha Doss" <madihadoss at yahoo.com>
Subject:Code switched poetry

[Moderator's note: Madiha's first message came through garbled even
for me, so I didn't post it.  Here is the follow on message.]

In case my previous message could not be read, I suggest to the
researcher Rashid Hasan to look at a novel by Ahamd El Aidi An takuun
Abbas el 'abd (Merritt), which contains quite a few occurences of
code switching and borrowings sometime written in roman script
Madiha Doss