Arabic-L:LING:Children Understanding Metaphor responses

Mon Nov 19 17:17:30 UTC 2007

1) Subject:Children Understanding Metaphor response
2) Subject:Children Understanding Metaphor response

Date: 19 Nov 2007
From:Nimat Hafez Barazangi <nhb2 at cornell.edu>
Subject:Children Understanding Metaphor response

Dear Faridah,

Are you writing a paper, or conducting a research?

If the latter, please consult resources on first language acquisition
of Arabic available through Google search engine :
<<http://www.google.com//search?hl=en&rls=SUNA,SUNA:
2006-32,SUNA:en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=first+language
+acquisition+of+arabic&spell=1>first language acquisition<http://
www.google.com//search?hl=en&rls=SUNA,SUNA:
2006-32,SUNA:en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=first+language
+acquisition+of+arabic&spell=1> of arabic>,  such as http://www.eself-
learning-arabic.cornell.edu/publications/NHB_AlArabiyah_1999.pdf.

In addition, you may want to consult specific research/writings on
the sociocultural aspects of language acquisition, such as the
Sociocultural theory and second language learning by James P.
Lantolf. Although the focus is on second language, the book discusses
the issue of metaphor as well as the nature of research conducted.

Obviously, the age group and the characteristics of the sample will
depend on the goal and the scope of research.

I hope that this will help, Best wishes,

Nimat Hafez Barazangi