Arabic-L:K-16:My Arabic Library info

Fri Sep 14 18:31:54 UTC 2007

1) Subject:My Arabic Library info

Date: 14 Sep 2007
From:mnnassif at byu.edu
Subject:My Arabic Library info

My Arabic Library
Best-selling Scholastic titles in Arabic for Grades 1-6

Scholastic’s My Arabic Library is a unique educational project
designed to encourage a love of reading and
learning in Arabic-speaking children and children learning Arabic as
a second language. These classroom
libraries for Grades 1 through 6 feature 30 or 40 best-selling
Scholastic titles for each grade level and provide a
high-quality resource for children learning Arabic.

Each grade-level library includes:

• Five copies each of 30-40 Scholastic titles (150-200 books
total) carefully chosen and translated by Arabic education
professionals
• A diverse collection of fiction and nonfiction titles with
subjects from geography and biology to space, history, folk
tales and more!
• Two attractive and durable library boxes for convenient
storage
• Two colorful posters (20” x 30”) displaying the book covers
• Two copies of a Teacher’s Guide filled with lesson plans and
activities developed for My Arabic Library and suggestions for
promoting reading in the classroom
• Grade 1 only: 3 titles in the large “lap-size” format are
included with 5 copies of the corresponding “little books”

My Arabic Library Teacher Training program

• Created and developed for teachers using My Arabic Library in their
classrooms
• Teaches best practices in literacy instruction
• Conducted by Arabic-language education professionals
• Features individually-tailored instruction to meet your school’s
needs and schedule
• Demonstrates teaching strategies, exercises and activities drawn
from the My Arabic Library titles
• Includes supplemental materials (training video, Powerpoint
presentation) to the My Arabic Library
Teacher’s Guide

SAVE WHEN YOU BUY A COMPLETE
GRADE-LEVEL LIBRARY!