Arabic-L:PEDA:George Mason U. Summer Study Abroad in Jordan

Mon Apr 7 20:10:08 UTC 2008

1) Subject:George Mason U. Summer Study Abroad in Jordan

Date: 07 Apr 2008
From:shilmi at gmu.edu
Subject:George Mason U. Summer Study Abroad in Jordan

Dear all,

Led by Sana Hilmi, George Mason University is offering an Intensive
Arabic- Study Abroad to Jordan at the University of Jordan

A wonderful opportunity to study intensive Arabic language in the
beautiful city of Amman, Jordan at the University of Jordan. The
language courses are offered Sunday through Thursday for 4 hours a
day, taught by local faculty. Classes cover Modern Standard Arabic
with the taste of the Colloquial Jordanian dialect.
Students will gain a greater understanding of the Middle East
particularly Jordan. Students are required to interact with local
people and expected to immerse themselves in the Jordanian society.

Visiting Cites: in addition to the daily cultural and social
activities, we will visit the most exciting and exotic locations in
the world: Petra and the Dead Sea, and weekend sight seeing to Dana
and Ajloon-Um Qais.

Courses taught: students may choose one of these combination and earn
up to 6 credits:

Beginning ARAB 110: must have basic knowledge of the script (6 credits)
Intermediate ARAB 210 (3 credits) and Gateway to advance ARAB 250 (3
credits)
Intermediate ARAB I 201 (3 credits) and Intermediate ARAB II 202 (3
credits)
Advanced reading and Conversation I and II, ARAB 330 and 331 (3
credits each course.

Dates: June 28- July 30-2008

Housing: students will stay in a Hotel that is 10 min away from the
university.

Price: $6,292 This price will include: airfare, tuition, housing, some
meals, visa fees, excursion, ground transportation, ID card, travel
guide, emergency evacuation insurance, pre-departure orientation and
much more.
If you are out of state, the price will be the same.

Please visit our web site:
http://globaled.gmu.edu/Programs/summer/intarabicsummerjordan08.html

Deadline for the Applications is April 20th.

Salam,

Miss Sana Hilmi, M.A.
Arabic Professor and Coordinator
Modern and Classical Languages