Arabic-L:PEDA:National Security Internship Program at GWU Summer 2009

Sun Aug 17 15:07:54 UTC 2008

1) Subject:National Security Internship Program at GWU Summer 2009

Date: 17 Aug 2008
From:tsgro at edventurepartners.com
Subject:National Security Internship Program at GWU Summer 2009

Dear Colleague,

I am contacting you regarding a wonderful opportunity that is
available to your students Summer 2009 at The George Washington
University.  My hope is you might assist us in getting this link
HYPERLINK "http://www.nationalsecurityinternship.com"www.nationalsecurityinternship.com
  exposed to interested students who are studying or speak Arabic
regarding this 2nd year program and internship.

The National Security Internship is an intensive nine-week, full
immersion summer program that combines Arabic language, Arab Film &
Cultural Studies, National Security Seminars and an internship
experience at U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or FBI
Headquarters.  Students will receive an all-expense paid summer in the
nation's capital, including travel to Washington, D.C., 11
transferable GWU college credits, full room and board at The George
Washington University and an exciting internship at DHS or FBI
Headquarters.

This program aims to develop the capacity of high-achieving
undergraduate and graduate college students with critical skills, who
also possess a higher degree of cultural competencies. It is not
designed to develop a cadre of translators but rather to build a
national security workforce of individuals and encourage them toward
potential careers at the DHS or FBI.  The National Security Internship
will be open to only 20 qualified applicants who are able to meet the
requirements to be granted a top-secret clearance and have an Arabic
rating score of 1+ or higher. Program dates are June 8 through August
7, 2009 and all applications must be submitted by September 30, 2008.

You can also pass along this link to view the National Securing
Internship brochure -  HYPERLINK "http://intranet.edventurepartners.com/nsi_brochure.pdf
" http://intranet.edventurepartners.com/nsi_brochure.pdf   I can also
send you hard copies of this brochure so that you can hand them out to
those qualified students that you feel would benefit from this
opportunity.  Simply email me back and I will be happy to do so.
Additionally, if you have any questions or need additional
information, please do not hesitate to contact me at HYPERLINK "mailto:info at nationalsecurityinternship.com
"info at nationalsecurityinternship.com

Thank you in advance for your time and kind assistance.

Sincerely,

Mohssen Esseesy, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor & Coordinator of the Arabic Program
The George Washington University