Arabic-L:GEN:PARC Fellowship Competition

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Mon Dec 8 17:47:36 UTC 2008

1) Subject:PARC Fellowship Competition

Date: 08 Dec 2008
From:us.parc at gmail.com
Subject:PARC Fellowship Competition

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to remind you that the Palestinian American Research
Center is still accepting applications for our 2009 Research
Fellowship competition. Our deadline for proposals from US citizens is
January 15, 2009. I have attached the competition announcement and
would appreciate it if you could post and distribute it widely. Please
email me if you have any questions. More information is also on the
PARC Web site: http://www.parc-us-pal.org .

With thanks,

Penelope Mitchell

PARC 2009-10 Research Fellowship Competition
Studies on Palestine

Full proposals are due January 15, 2009
Fellowship awards range from $3,500 – $8,000
Award notification March 16, 2009

The Palestinian American Research Center (PARC) announces its 10th
annual competition for post-doctoral and doctoral research fellowships
in Palestinian studies.

Applicants must meet the following criteria:

	• Applicants must be post-doctoral scholars, established researchers,
or full-time doctoral students enrolled in a recognized degree program.
	• Doctoral students must have fulfilled all preliminary requirements
for the doctorate degree except the dissertation by the time the
research commences.
	• Senior researchers without doctorates but with a record of academic
publication are also eligible.
	• Any area of Palestinian studies will be considered, including the
humanities, social sciences, economics, law, health, and science.
Research must contribute to Palestinian studies. Purely scientific
research is not eligible for this fellowship competition.
	• Individual and joint research projects are eligible.
	• Funding is for one year only.
	• Research may take place in Palestine, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, or
Syria.
	• Applications from women are especially encouraged.
	• All applications must be in English.
	• Applicants must be U.S. citizens. (Non-U.S. citizens, see below.)
For more information on PARC and to download a full application
package, go to: http://parc-us-pal.org/

You may send any questions by email to: us.parc at gmail.com

Applicants must be PARC members to submit an application. The PARC
website contains information on membership. Applicants must send four
copies of the full application (except for letters of recommendation)
to:

PARC
Penelope Mitchell, US Director
6520 East Halbert Road
Bethesda, MD 20817-5414

Palestinian applicants who are not U.S. citizens should direct
application inquiries to: Hadeel Qazzaz, Palestine Director at: parcpal at palnet.com