Arabic-L:LING:Aram Society Conference July 2009

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Mon Dec 8 17:47:38 UTC 2008

1) Subject:Aram Society Conference July 2009

Date: 08 Dec 2008
From:aram at orinst.ox.ac.uk
Subject:Aram Society Conference July 2009

Dear Colleague and Friend,

I am writing to inform you that the Aram Society for Syro-Mesopotamian
Stuides is organising its Twenty Seven International Conference on
"Neo-Aramaic Dialects", to be held at the Oriental Instritute
(University of Oxford) 06-08 July 2009.
Please, contact our Aram office if you wish to pariticipate in the
conference, and we hope to get your answer before February 2009.
Please, find enclosed in the attachment the first list of speakers.

If you wish to get more information about our Aram Society, please,
open our website (www.aramsociety.org).

Yours sincerely,
Shafiq Abouzayd

ARAM Twenty Sixth International Conference:

Neo-Aramaic Dialects,

(The Oriental Institute, Oxford)

06-08 July 2009

Speakers:

Dr. Shafiq Abouzayd (University of Oxford):
             “Syriac words in the Lebanese dialect.”
Dr. Bashir Altorle (Unievrsity of Baghdad)
             “Syriac words in Bahzani dialect.”
Dr. Werner Arnold (Heidelberg University):
             “Subject to be defined.”
Dr. Roberta Borghero (Cambridge University):
“Subject to be defined.”

Dr. Eleanor Coghill (Cambridge University):
             “Subject to be defined.”
Mr. Jared Greenblatt (University of Cambridge):
“Subject to be defined.”

Prof. Olga Kapeliuk (Hebrew University of Jerusalem):
  “The copula in Urmi Neo-Aramaic in suppletion with the verb h-v-j”.
Dr. Geoffrey Khan (University of Cambridge):
“Subject to be defined.”

Dr. George Kiraz (Gorgias Press):
“Subject to be defined.”

Mr. Nineb Lamassu (Firodil Institute-UK):
“What can the Songs of the Assyrian Mountaineers Tell us about their
Composers?”

Dr. Alessandro Mengozzi (Università degli Studi di Bergamo):
             “The contribute of early Christian vernacular poetry from
North Iraq to Neo-Aramaic dialectology.”

Dr. Hezy Mutzafi (Tel Aviv University):
“Subject to be defined.”

Dr. Na’ama Pat-El, (Austin University-Texas):

“Cyclic changes and the development of the article in Neo-Aramaic.”

Dr. Kunjumon A. Plathottathil (University of Oxford):
“Syriac words in Malayalam dialect.”

Dr. Bruno Poizat (Lyon University):
“Subject to be defined.”

Prof. Yona Sabar (University of California at Los Angeles):
“Subject to be defined.”

Dr. Shawqi Talia (Catholic University of America):
“Subject to be defined.”

Dr. Elie Wardini (University of Stockholm):
       “Neologisms in Modern literary Syriac: Any one noticing?”
Dr. Helen Younansardaroud (Freie Universität Berlin):
“A manuscript from Sachau`s Catalogue entitled: Die Erzählungen aus
Urmia”.