Arabic-L:PEDA:MEMRITV responses

Mon Feb 11 21:10:42 UTC 2008

1) Subject:MEMRITV response
2) Subject:MEMRITV response
3) Subject:MEMRITV response
4) Subject:MEMRITV response
5) Subject:MEMRITV response

Date: 11 Feb 2008
From:Elissa Krieg <goldberry2005 at gmail.com>
Subject:MEMRITV response

Thank you for this tip. Unfortunately I just tried this on my Mac and
couldn't view any of the clips.

Elissa Krieg

Date: 11 Feb 2008
From:Nadia Yaqub <yaqubn at yahoo.com>

Mike Shub,
  I hope you are thoroughly contextualizing MemriTV as a news source
when you use it in the classroom. While I have no illusions about the
ability of any news publication to be without bias, there is
nonetheless a difference between ideologically and commercially driven
sources and your students should know that this is most definitely an
example of the former.  You may select the programs you show your
students with all possible care, but the main piece of information
that your students will take home from your lessons is that MemriTV is
a source that you, their instructor, likes and uses.  This is all the
encouragement they may need for making it their primary source of news
on the Arab World.  I can't imagine a better way to both foster
ongoing support for MEMRI and  contribute to the distorted view of the
Arab World that is already so prevalent in this country.
  Nadia Yaqub