Arabic-L:LING:Root frequency

Mon Feb 11 21:10:32 UTC 2008

1) Subject:Root frequency
2) Subject:Root frequency

Date: 11 Feb 2008
From:Karin Ryding <rydingk at georgetown.edu>
Subject:Root frequency

frequency, I would suggest a 1983 article by Harmut Bobzin, "On the
frequency of verbs in modern newspaper Arabic," in Al-Abhath, vol. 31,
pp. 45-63.  He lists actual verbs - not roots - but the roots are of
course derivable from his information.  His bibliography also lists a
couple other sources. All the best, Karin Ryding