Arabic-L:K-16:National Arabic Language Conf at DePaul

Wed Feb 27 23:48:51 UTC 2008

1) Subject:National Arabic Language Conf at DePaul

Date: 27 Feb 2008
From:ancRegistration at depaul.edu
Subject:National Arabic Language Conf at DePaul

Dear Colleagues,

We will be holding a National Arabic Language Conference on June 13-15,
2008 at DePaul University.

Please find attached a conference letter, flyer, registration forms, and
proposal forms. There is an Arabic version of both the letter of
invitation and proposal form. All forms can also be found on our website
at www.depaul.edu/~mol/anc.

Please share these documents with your Arabic language faculty and
administrators.

We look forward to your participation.

With best regards,

~Nesreen

Nesreen Akhtarkhavari, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor and Arabic Program Coordination
Department of Modern Languages
DePaul University
802 West Belden Avenue
Chicago, Illinois  60614
773-325-8639
nakhtark at depaul.edu

{Here is the text of the included letter:]

National Arabic Language Conference
June 13-15 DePaul University, Chicago Illinois
February 26, 2008

Dear Colleagues,

DePaul University plans to hold a National Arabic Language Conference
on June 13-15, 2008 at its
Lincoln Park Campus in Chicago.  We would like to invite you and other
individuals involved in teaching
and/or administering the Arabic program at your institution to attend
the conference and consider
presenting. The main language of the conference will be Arabic language

The purpose of the conference is to bring together professionals
working in the field of teaching Arabic
language and culture in the United States including individuals
working at K-12 public schools, private
and charter schools, community organizations, community colleges,
universities, and government
agencies. The conference will focus on sharing lessons learned by all
of these institutions, discussing the
needs of the field, and exploring the possibility of creating a
national organization that supports teaching
Arabic language and culture focusing on supporting efforts at local
and regional levels.  This organization
will serve as a sister organization of the American Association of
Teachers of Arabic (AATA).
Attached is a conference flyer and registration form.  We also
attached an invitation letter and proposal
form in Arabic.  Please share these documents with individuals and
agencies in your database that you
think might be interested in participating in this event.

We look forward to your participation.  Please visit our website at www.depaul.edu/~mol/anc
  for
conference forms, details, and updates.  Registration and proposal
forms can be downloaded and
submitted electronically.  If you have any questions regarding the
conference, please do not hesitate to
contact us.

With best regards,
Nesreen Akhtarkhavari, Ph.D.