Arabic-L:PEDA:Needs Arabic play suggestion for student performance

Thu Jan 31 17:03:01 UTC 2008

Arabic-L: Thu 31 Jan 2008

1) Subject:Needs Arabic play suggestion for student performance

Date: 31 Jan 2008
From:"Haroon Shirwani" <arabictutor at hotmail.com>
Subject:Needs Arabic play suggestion for student performance

Can anyone suggest a play that could be performed by a group of keen
intermediate level Arabic students? I am happy to edit and simplify
the text, but I am also concerned that the play itself be an enjoyable
and/or stimulating experience for the audience, who will be their
friends, family and teachers, most of whom do not know any Arabic.
(The play would be performed with surtitles.) At present, I am
considering (a heavily edited version of) Al-fil ya malik al-zaman.
Any other suggestions would be very welcome.

By the way, many thanks to all those who suggested poems for our
Arabic declamation contest. They went down a treat, and I have
uploaded video presentations of some of them onto the videos section
the Facebook Arabic Language Q&A group. You might like to forward this
link to colleagues and students who are on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6271120617

If they go to the videos section, they will find short presentations
of texts with audio, accompanied by transliteration and translation.

Best wishes,
Haroon