Arabic-L:PEDA:AMIDEAST Education Abroad Programs in Arab World

Thu Oct 9 20:48:03 UTC 2008

1) Subject:AMIDEAST Education Abroad Programs in Arab World

Date: 09 Oct 2008
From:Jerome Bookin-Weiner <jbookinweiner at AMIDEAST.ORG>
Subject:AMIDEAST Education Abroad Programs in Arab World

Dear Colleagues,

I am writing to tell you about AMIDEAST’s new Education Abroad
Programs in the Arab World.  The programs were inaugurated last fall
with a semester program inRabat, Morocco.  Over the past year we have
been revamping that program, making it into a semester or academic
year program, depending on the interests of the students.  We also
will inaugurate a summer intensive Arabic program in Rabat this coming
May.

In addition, we have also been planning for new semester/academic year
programs that will begin next fall in Cairo, Amman, and Kuwait, and a
service learning program for students who have completed one year of
Modern Standard Arabic in Tunisia this coming summer.

For more information on all of our programs and to read about our
commitment to Arabic language instruction, our Arabic Language
Advisory Board and our Academic Consortium, please visit our website at:

http://www.amideast.org/abroad

Most of you will recognize the eight members of our Arabic Language
Advisory Board as being among the leading members of the Arabic
language teaching profession in the U.S.  Many may also recognize our
Arabic Studies Consultant, Dr. Driss Ouaouicha (formerly Vice
President for Academic Affairs at Al Akhawayn University inMorocco),
who is spearheading development and implementation of our Arabic
language curriculum with the advice and assistance of the Advisory
Board.

We have posters (letter sized) as well as brochures and fliers about
our programs and will be happy to send them to you if you let me know
how many you want and the address where we should send them.

During the MESA conference in November we will have a booth in the
book exhibits and I invite you to stop by to talk with me, Driss and
representatives of our local partners in Rabat, Cairo, Amman, Kuwait
and Tunisia.  We also will be holding information sessions twice
during the conference.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me.  I’ll
respond as quickly as I can.

Best regards,

Jerry Bookin-Weiner

---