Arabic-L:LING:Academia.edu: 'tree' of academics

Thu Sep 25 22:34:50 UTC 2008

1) Subject:Academia.edu: 'tree' of academics

Date: 25 Sep 2008
From:Richard Price <richard.price at all-souls.ox.ac.uk>
Subject:Academia.edu: 'tree' of academics

Hi all,

I'm a Fellow at All Souls College Oxford, where I recently finished my
Ph.D
on the philosophy of perception.

I've just launched a website, www.academia.edu, which does two things:

- It displays academics around the world in a 'tree' format, according
what university/department they are affiliated with.
- It enables researchers to keep track of the latest developments in
their
field - the latest people and papers.

My hope for the site is that it will list every academic - Faculty
members,
Post-Docs, and Graduate Students - in the world.

It's gaining some traction - Noam Chomsky is on there
(http://mit.academia.edu/NoamChomsky) and also some other professors are
such as Richard Dawkins  (http://oxford.academia.edu/RichardDawkins) and
Stephen Hawking (http://cambridge.academia.edu/StephenHawking).

I'm trying to spread the word about www.academia.edu, so, if you have a
minute, please visit the site, and add yourself to your department on
the
tree. If your department/university is not there, you can add it/them by
clicking on the arrows coming out of the department/university boxes.

And do spread the word to your friends and colleagues if you can.

Many thanks,

Richard

Dr. Richard Price,
Prize Fellow,