Arabic-L:GEN:sources on African Emigrants in the Arab World

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Tue Apr 21 03:51:34 UTC 2009

1) Subject:sources on African Emigrants in the Arab World
2) Subject:sources on African Emigrants in the Arab World

Date: 20 Apr 2009
From:Adil Elshikh <adil59 at gmail.com>
Subject:sources on African Emigrants in the Arab World

the term Arab world is not clear to me . tha is becaue now politically
Arab world contains some countries that are hardy we can say Arab like
Sudan , Somalia , Djiboti,Moritania  .

Date: 20 Apr 2009
From:Stephen Franke <shfranke at hotmail.com>

Subject:Needs sources on African Emigrants in Arab World

Greetings.
I refer to your post on the ARABIC-L list (pasted for reference
between the dashed lines immediately below):
================================
Dear All,
I would be grateful if anyone on the list can help me with materials
and sources on the challenges,problems and prospects of African
emigrants in the Arab world.
Thank you.
================================
Please clarify if or how your research pertains to these categories of
human movement and settlement:
[1]  African who emigrate and settle permanently as legal residents in
their receiving Arab countries
[2]  Africans who live and work temporarily in Arab countries as
expatriate laborers and who intend an eventual return to their
countries of origin
[3]  African Muslims who enter, for example, Saudi Arabia, to perform
Hajj and the remain illegally as "visa overstays" and work in the
"shadow economy."
With those points, I may be able to suggest some relevant references
in the Arabic, English, and French.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Stephen H. Franke