Arabic-L:LING:refs on dialect in ads

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Tue Apr 21 03:51:36 UTC 2009

1) Subject:refs on dialect in ads
2) Subject:refs on dialect in ads
3) Subject:refs on dialect in ads

Date: 20 Apr 2009
From:Alex Magidow <amagidow at gmail.com>
Subject:refs on dialect in ads

Dear Paula,

I've found the following article to be interesting:
Pimentel, Joseph J., Jr. (2000).  Sociolinguistic reflections of
privatization and globalization: The Arabic of Egyptian newspaper
advertisements. Ph.D. dissertation, University of Michigan, United
States -- Michigan. Retrieved April 16, 2009, from Dissertations &
Theses: Full Text database. (Publication No. AAT 9977238)

There were a few more hits for "Arabic" and "Advertisement" on
Proquest, but none of the other ones seem to be available in full
text.

Alex Magidow