Arabic-L:GEN:African migrants in Arab World

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Thu Apr 23 00:45:44 UTC 2009

1) Subject:African migrants in Arab World

Date: 22 Sep 2009
From:David Wilmsen <david.wilmsen at gmail.com>
Subject:African migrants in Arab World

Alright, I'll chime in. The Forced Migration and Refugee Studies
program at the American University in Cairo would be a very good
resource. They have done a lot of work with migrants from the Sudan,
Somalia, Ethopia and Eritrea and other from further south.

I have sent a letter to the former director, now at the University of
East London, who may be able to give some info out of discussion.

David Wilmsen, PhD, Arabic language and linguistics
Visiting Associate Professor of Arabic
Department of Arabic and Near Eastern Languages
American University of Beirut