Arabic-L:GEN:List of events responses

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Sat Aug 8 06:47:19 UTC 2009

1) Subject:List of events response
2)  Subject:List of events response

3)Subject:List of events response

Date: 08 Aug 2009
From:Michael Greer <mike at arabick12.org>
Subject:List of events response

Dear Iman and others,

Allow me to respond to your message requesting Arabic language events
for the academic year 2009/10. I manage the Arabic K-12 Network which
hosts the site: arabick12.org. On that site, we have a "Professional
Development" section which lists many of the major opportunities for
Arabic teachers in the U.S.:http://www.arabick12.org/profdev.html. I
try to keep this page updated as often as possible. Although our site
is directed toward K-12 Arabic teachers, many of the conferences and
opportunities are relevant to university level Arabic teachers as well.

Furthermore, I manage a listserv of over 700 Arabic educators
interested in K-12 Arabic in the U.S. E-mail updates typically go out
every Friday including the latest Arabic language conferences,
textbooks, training and news. Members are welcome to join and submit
posts by e-mailing me at mike at arabick12.org or arabick12 at gmail.com.

regards,
Mike Greer
Arabic K-12 Network Coordinator