Arabic-L:LIT:Needs translation of Hafez Ibrahim poem

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Fri Dec 4 18:25:48 UTC 2009

1) Subject:Needs translation of Hafez Ibrahim poem

Date: 04 Dec 2009
From:paul roochnik <proochnikllc at yahoo.com>
Subject:Needs translation of Hafez Ibrahim poem

Dear Friends,

Would you know of an English translation of Hafez Ibrahim's poem, "The Arabic Language Laments its Fate" ?  It was mentioned in passing at the recent MESA conference, and it reminded me of how much I love this poem.  I first heard it recited by Dr. Irfan Shahid at Georgetown University more than 20 years ago, and it still sticks in my mind, or rather, in my heart.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Abu Sammy

End of Arabic-L:  04 Dec 2009