Arabic-L:LING:PT Columbia Arabic Lexicograper/Annotator Jobs

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Mon Jun 8 17:35:05 UTC 2009

1) Subject:PT Columbia Arabic Lexicograper/Annotator Jobs

Date: 08 Sep 2008
From:md2370 at columbia.edu
Subject:PT Columbia Arabic Lexicograper/Annotator Jobs

PART-TIME JOB AT COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY IN NEW YORK FOR ARABIC SPEAKERS

The Columbia Arabic and It’s Dialects Modeling (CADIM) group at the
Center for
Computational Learning Systems in Columbia University is seeking
native speakers
of Arabic of different dialectal backgrounds to work on a research
project on the
Arabic language.

WHAT: We are looking for lexicographers, and annotators. The positions
are all part time.

WHO:  The ideal candidate is: detail oriented, with some linguistic
training, possesses a high
level of modern standard Arabic (MSA) proficiency, is comfortable
using computers, and
is eligible to work in the US. We will provide paid job training.

WHEN: The project starts immediately.

HOW MUCH: Pay is commensurate with professional experience.

WHERE TO APPLY: Please forward  your CV and a short cover letter to
(colaba-annotation at ccls.columbia.edu) indicating your native dialect
and your level of
MSA proficiency.

The CADIM Group
Columbia University in the city of New York