Arabic-L:LING:Needs refs of American researchers on Levantine Dialects

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Tue Mar 3 19:00:58 UTC 2009

1) Subject:Needs refs of American researchers on Levantine Dialects

Date: 03 Mar 2009
From:danaduna at gmail.com
Subject:Needs refs of American researchers on Levantine Dialects

[please respond directly to Ms. Susser, please.]

My name is Donna Susser. I am a student at the University of Haifa,
Israel, studying for my B.A. in Arabic Language and Literature. I'm
currently working on a seminar paper which focuses on "The
Contribution of American Researchers to the Study and Research of
Arabic Dialect in the Levant. (Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Palestine and
parts of Jordan)."

So far, I've come across only a few names of researchers in this area.
The problem is that I haven't found enough names that focus and work
specifically in this field. I was wondering if any of you work in this
area or are interested in it? Are there any books or articles that you
know of that might be relevant to my paper? Do you know of any other
American Researchers who focus on Arabic Dialect in the Levant?

Any information would be useful.

With much appreciation,
Donna