Arabic-L:AD:Ithica Press Ad

Dilworth Parkinson dil at BYU.EDU
Fri Dec 3 00:23:00 UTC 2010

1) Subject: Ithica Press Ad

Date: 02 Dec 2010
From: Ithaca Press <marketing at garnetpublishing.co.uk>
Subject: Ithica Press Ad

From ITHACA PRESS, Specialized in Middle Eastern Studies

It is our pleasure to announce the publication of our latest title in our Middle East Studies series: The New Arab Media: Technology, Image and Perception, edited by Dr Mahjoob Zweiri and Dr Emma C. Murphy. You are entitled to £10 of the price, provided that you place your order here (http://www.ithacapress.co.uk/The-New-Arab-Media-Technology-Image-and-Perception), before 15 December 2010 and you enter the coupon code XCN9KTCE at the time of ordering.

The New Arab Media: Technology, Image and Perception

Edited by Mahjoob Zweiri and Emma C. Murphy

Hardback / 192pp / 235 x 155mm / December 2010 / Ithaca Press

ISBN: 978-0-86372-347-6

Price: £50 (£40, including shipping, if you place your order here before 15/12/2010)

Read a free sample chapter here

Look Inside the book here

Order here

* For inspection copies, please contact Fiona Dempsey at FionaDempsey [a t] garneteducation.com.

About the book
The New Arab Media: Technology, Image and Perception provides a valuable introduction and analysis of some of the most important issues surrounding the new media revolution in the Middle East, in particular examining the two Janus-like faces of the new media in the Middle East: its role in reflecting developments within the region as well as its function in projecting the Arab world outside of the Middle East.
Topics examined within the book include the impact of Al-Jazeera; implementation of the Internet in the region; use of the media for diplomacy and propaganda; image culture; use of the Internet by religious diasporas; From ITHACA PRESS, Specialized in Middle Eastern Studies